Saturday, November 30, 2013

Wittering about lace

This photo shows the first heart completed...yes, ok it looks more like a kidney than a heart, but still...
 I want to insist that this is probably the most bobbins I have ever worked with, and it can feel a bit daunting sometimes.

Yesterday I received this excellent book from Jo Firth lacemaking. I had been looking for it for some time, but mostly it was way too expensive. This copy is in mint condition.

 Who wouldn't want to make this cute kitty edging? I think it's a bit too complicated for me at the moment, as just working out the bobbins for the heart shapes takes me ages.
 The patterns are so pretty though.
Right, today I want to finish heart number three, ready for the final lesson on Monday. (This is the backside of the lace, it looks better from the front.)

2 comments:

Tally Tatty said...

Congratulations from Flanders, Snowy. I recognised it immediately! I can appreciate that it is very hard to make. But it is strong!It can be used on children's clothes and washed regularly. But I can imagine that you are not going to do that!

Fox said...

I am weak in the knees...