Monday, July 14, 2008

Pretty or pants



For those readers who aren't english 'pants' is a word for 'rubbish' or 'crap'! I have made a couple more snowflakes and at the same time as working my way through Jon's book I am also working my way through a box of DMC dentelles threads that I bought on e-bay. Variegated threads can be really effective sometimes but others they just look like vomit! This first one is called "Spring Blossom" and I thought I would choose a colour to fit the vernal theme. I don't think it has worked that well.



This one is called Astral, and I think the colour works better on this one.
Another problem for me is deciding how much thread to wind on the shuttles...no-one likes to waste thread, but joining two rings from the end is also really frustrating. For Astral I wound three metres onto shuttle 1 and 8 metres onto shuttle 2, this was too much, 1.5 and 7 would probably have been ample. Spring Blossom I forgot to note down, but it was just short on the last round and I had to join.

6 comments:

Marty said...

The Astral DID turn out nicely! I like the Spring Blossom as well, though. I don't mind all those colors -- it looks cheerful. :) I looked, but couldn't see where you'd joined in the last round. Very nicely done.

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I think they're both beautiful!

Tattycat said...

I'll vote for pretty, not pants! I think they look cheerful also.

LadyShuttleMaker aka MadMadPotter said...

I vote "pretty" for both snowflakes!

Unknown said...

LOL! That is the second time I've "heard" that expression "or pants" this week! That's the beauty of the internet I guess! Well, I think your vernal snowflakes are BEE-you-T-full! So don't pants them...ah ha ha ha...that would be a sight to see a "pantsed snowflake".

Singtatter said...

Both are pretty, though I like the Astral better, the colour looks so cool!