Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Brief update, with Corinne's motif

 I recently received a' nudge' from a friend, (*waves*) and so I am just posting briefly to let you know that I am still alive.
I haven't done much tatting. and really nothing of interest at all. I can't remember where I was with this doily last time I posted, but I guess that I am a bit further on. The thread is not nice to use, and it is pretty grubby, but there seems no point in washing it till it is finished, and because I don't like the thread I am not so motivated to keep on going. Hey ho.
I have otherwise just done scraps of edgings or else old motifs that I know by heart, to keep my hands busy when I am listening. I have finished the mental health course, but I am about to take the final exams for a French course that I am doing. It helps to tat when I am listening to lectures.
This motif first came to my notice on Fox's page, it  was designed by Corinne. She has invited tatters to give it a try, and so I finally came out of retirement to have a go. These threads are Güttermann Sulky, and they were not what I would have chosen, they just happened to be on my shuttles. I should have re-scanned because the colours are brighter than this, but it's late and I don't want to disturb the man. I see on her blog that now there is more to add, but I think I will start again in a better choice of threads...these don't do justice to the form.
Tomorrow we are going to Perpignan to fetch a puppy.

5 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Very pretty! I like tatting with Sulky thread. Maybe I should get some more. : )

IsDihara said...

I think the colors of the Gutermann Sulky motif are divine! Sorry the thread isn't more agreeable.

Fox said...

Yessss!!!! Good to see this! The package is in the post! Perhaps it will provide tatting motivation

Good luck with the puppy.
Fox : ))

Katherine said...

Thanks and I will try to keep going now!

max said...

bonjour snowy j'etais en vacances cet été à perpignan à bientot pour en parler sur mon blog, sinon je suis ravie que vous avez participé
à mon idée couleur pour le motif
corinne dit max 'surnom'