Friday, October 01, 2010

Some pictures of my progress

 This is the Oeillets doily, with all the small motifs. I haven't done anything for a while.
 The gilt frame is finished, ends and all. Now, what to do with it?
 These are my first sea horses, from Jane's lovely pattern. The first one I did, the tail went the wrong way, but the second one is fine. These are made in DMC pearl size 8, which I have never used before, and are for David. His father's regiment had a sea horse motif, and he has asked for more of these. The pattern is quite simple, but the beads make it a little bit fiddly. Still, I don't think it will be too much to make him another three.
I am showing this edging from the booklet, for Tattingrid, who is looking for hanky edgings. This one is in the vintage DMC 70 thread, and I think it would look good on a handkerchief. There isn't a corner in the book, I would think it would be possible to do one, though.

4 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I really like that doily pattern! Do you know if it's available online?

I kind of like the seahorse with the tail going the wrong way. He's doing his own thing!

I think that edging would look wonderful on a hanky. I have that book, so maybe I'll give it a go!

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Oops! I forgot about the gilt frame... it's lovely! Wouldn't an old family picture look wonderful framed with that tatting?

Tat-a-Renda said...

All your tatting are lovely. Can't really pick any favourite from this list.

Fox said...

The frame is beautiful. Congrats on finishing it!

I have used that edging for baby socks - it is sweet. It would also be perfect on a hankie.
Fox : )