Friday, October 31, 2008

Some more things

I have managed to complete Beatrice after some invaluable help from Sherry, who found a spare length of "Peach Pandeora" thread. Here it is, but I am having trouble with my scanner, and the first scan made a file too big to transfer.



I then wanted to try the silk thread, "Royalty", so I made Judith, again following one I had seen on Diane's page.





Finally, this motif, from Blomqvist and Persson's book, is not made in Rainbow Bright! The trouble with HDT is that it comes in finite quantities, and so I have become rather careful, not wanting to waste it. This thread is an ordinary machine embroidery thread from Gutermann, and the colours are not so bright, or so well blended. Still I wanted to see how it would look in this classic motif. It is very small, I am guessing the thread to be approx size 100, and when I miscounted it was nearly impossible to undo, so I didn't bother!



9 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I'm so glad you were able to finish Beatrice. It's beautiful! The other two pieces are very pretty too. Isn't Judith a fun little tat? I have some quilting thread that I've been meaning to try, but I still make too many mistakes, and I know I would get frustrated when I couldn't un-tat them. Great work!

Unknown said...

That's nice that you were able to finish the doily. It looks beautiful.
I can completely understand not wanting to waste HDT. I tend to save it for small motifs, myself! :)

LadyShuttleMaker aka MadMadPotter said...

I am glad you were able to complete Beatrice....I was wondering if you had received it. Your tatting is looking great!
You can use my method for predicting thread and then you won't have to worry about using your HDT!

Katherine said...

Quick commenting! I thought you would already be in bed in USA...I'm not very good on time zones, obviously.
Diane, I found Judith a bit disappointing, your's was much prettier..., :( but I need to keep practising as I don't find Lynn Morton's patterns so easy, but when the are well made they are so pretty!
Tattinchic, it's funny, but since your "tat-a-holic" post I keep seeing more and more symptoms in myself...I guess I was in denial before!
Thanks Sherry, for the thread, and the advice. I have started trying to measure, but with the Judith Pattern I was tatting with just the last strands at the end...I think I need to do the sums again, perhaps allowing more for core thread and picots? I am certainly trying it every time I dig into my precious threads, not a centimetre shall be wasted! (I didn't e-mail you, when they arrived because you were still either in China or just back and I thought you'd have enough catching up to do already!)

Tattycat said...

Very pretty Snowy. I'm glad you got to finish Beatrice!

Charmingdesigns said...

Wow!! I came to visit you from tattingchic. beautiful. Laurie

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

LOL! You're response to my comment to you made me chuckle inside! I guess that's not an LOL then is it? It's more of a LOTI (laughing on the inside). Maybe we could start and international TA group (Tataholics Anonymous).

Katherine said...

But TattingChic, the problem with a TA group is that one has to want to change...to give up one's addiction and become a "normal" person.
I'm not ready for that, I don't want to stop...I still believe I can control it. LOL!