Monday, November 26, 2007

Red square


This was my first attempt at block tatting, and I didn't have access to an explanation, plus the pattern is from a german tatting book. Obviously it is just a motif from a bigger design, but I just wanted to try the technique in a small pattern to start off.
The thread is from Frances, a lovely thread, about a 50, and easy to work (and undo when necessary!)
Thank you to everyone for suggestions as to how to hide ends, with this one I managed to sew them through, sort of... but I am keen to perfect the magic threads method as I often tat with small threads and rather tightly, perhaps I'm rather a tense person!

6 comments:

LadyShuttleMaker aka MadMadPotter said...

What a very pretty motif. I wonder what it would look like in two colors?

Marty said...

Oooo, that's really nice! I like the color you picked. It would look pretty with a bunch of motifs fastened together, too.

Tattycat said...

I agree with all of the above. It is very pretty and you did great on the block tatting, even without instructions.

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Ditto! I agree with all three!

Memé said...

I love this square.
I tatted it too, last year.

Katherine said...

Thank you, for the compliments, and Mémé I went back and looked for your square, and there it was! In two colours, so Sherry, check Mémé's blog for September 06 and you can see how it looks.
I often think I should try to do several motifs together, but I don't like tatting the same thing twice...but I should get a bit more application!