Saturday, December 22, 2012

Cadeaux!


 The other day I received a little package in the post from the generous and inspiring Fox. She sent me some of the Sulky rayon thread that you can see in the photo, plus all those buttons, and four metal findings or "doodads". There was also an antique bone shuttle!  You can see it peeping out of my old shuttle case. :)

 I have watched fascinated as others have decorated their doodads, and long wanted to try my hand at making something. I found some pretty beads and some matching thread, however you can see it hasn't really worked. The colours aren't contrasting, so that the beads are invisible, also I should have added some beads to the thread beforehand...So next stage will require me to cut it off and try again with a different thread, or different beads. The little scrap in turquoise is me trying the rayon. It is pretty, but sad that once tatted it looses it's shine to a certain extent. I am still working on that motif...I will show it once I have finished it.
Meantime on the hanky edging I have run out of thread! A whole spool of DMC 80 in a single edging, luckily I can easily get more as I bought it from my friend's shop, and I know she will keep me some till I can get in.

2 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

How fun! ...a challenge in a small packet just for you! I haven't tried the rayon thread yet. I wonder if I'll ever catch up with all the tatting ideas that run through my brain. Probably not... I'm sure I'll see something of yours that will send me off on another tangent. Enjoy your goodies!

max said...

Wonderful and Merry Christmas
Bonnes Fêtes