Saturday, December 05, 2009

Tatting in Melbourne

This beautiful tatting was displayed in a shop in Melbourne. I went in there to buy a pack of clover shuttles, not because I needed them, but because if I see shuttles anywhere I collect them. The girl working in the shop, (?Jones? in Collins Street) was very friendly and I was able to show her my tatting, because she is taking lessons with the lady who did this work.



I also found a shop selling silks, and I went in to look at the different materials. There were some reels of thread, in bright colours, and as I have enjoyed tatting with LadyShuttleMaker's silk I decided to risk buying a reel and see if it would work. It isn't the easiest thread to use, but I love the result. My computer is downstairs so I can't scan the motifs that I have done so far, but I will as soon as I can.

7 comments:

Elisadusud said...

Hello! Very beautiful tatting .. Kisses from Cannes

Lace-lovin' Librarian - Diane said...

Those are beautiful tatted pieces! Isn't it fun to look for tatting treasures?

❦TattingChic said...

How cool that you got to go to that shop! That tatting is exquisite! Thanks for showing us the picture here on your blog! What a treat.

I cannot wait to see your tatted motifs in silk. I'll bet they are beautiful!

Fox said...

How amazing to see that beautiful tatting displayed in a shop!
Fox : )

Tatskool said...

I can't wait to see your silk motifs either. Lucky you to find that shop.

castats said...

Wow, I live in Melbourne (ok, the suburbs) and I've never seen this place.... Will have to hit the yellow pages and see if I can find this place....
If you want to meet some local tatters next time, drop me a line, a bunch of us meet up every other month (roughly). (Google "Vic Tatters Guild" and you'll find us.)
Happy tatting,
Cas. =)

snowy said...

Hey, Cas, that is such a pity, I would have loved to meet when I was there. The supplies shop was in the city centre...I will have to ask Rosie the name and street.
Rosie lives in a suburb called Fitzroy, full of pretty buildings and shops selling vintage stuff.