Friday, July 18, 2008

In Black and White, and now In Colour!



I was doing a little blackwork, slowly advancing on my sampler, when the post arrived. I had a letter from America, which surprised me, I don't really know anyone from there, but when I opened it....it was my threads from Sherry! I had assumed they would come from Seoul, but obviously she has some arrangement for the delivery with US mail.

Anyway, the threads are beautiful and I am afraid that the photo won't do them justice. I am already starting to unwind the silk Peach Pandorea, with the idea to use it for the Beatrice doiley! It is size 20, which is something of a departure for me, but I feel sure it will make a stunning combination. I can't wait to get tatting, but also wanted to share my delight with my fellow enthusiasts.
Big thank you Sherry!

3 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Your blackwork sampler is beautiful! Aren't Sherry's colors yummy? I haven't decided what I'm going to make with mine yet, but another Iris Niebach doily seems to be calling me!

LadyShuttleMaker aka MadMadPotter said...

Awww you are very welcome Snowy. Can't wait to see what you tat with these. Enjoy the silk...I think I am addicted.

Thanks for sharing.

Tattycat said...

Your blackwork is stunning Snowy. I am so glad you got some of hand dyed thread. Now you will be as addicted as the rest of us! Can't wait to see what you do with it. I'm working on Beatrice right now. Small world.